Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cling/Saran Wrap Nails Using CND Effects

This is one for the record books folks. I attempted a nail art technique. As many of you know I'm a minimalist when it comes to doing my nails. I usually just do one color on my nails. I may layer a glitter shimmer over a color, or do an accent nail, but that is as far as I usually stretch it with my nails. The reason is I don't really have the patience or talent for nail art. When I started seeing cling/saran wrap manicures I thought I could do it. It didn't look too hard or challenging, and it didn't seem to leave much of a mess either. So here it goes!


I used Milani Black Swift as a base and let that dry completely. I followed that up with CND Effects Violet Shimmer immediately dabbing over it with cling wrap, and let that dry. Then I repeated that cycle using CND Effects Emerald Shimmer, Ice Blue Shimmer, and Copper Shimmer letting it dry between each color..and viola!

I love love love the look of this! It almost looks holographic doesn't it? I love the marbled look of these colors meshed together with the tiny bits of black peaking through. Very cool. This was easy to do as well. This is a good general tutorial on cling/saran wrap nails. The only difference is I used multiple colors rather than just one. The trick is you have to make sure each coat is dry before you do the cling wrap. It's an easy technique, but it does require some patience as far as time, but the result is great!

Happy Wednesday!

21 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove!!! Isn't it such a fun technique?! Love how this looks. Almost like some rare gemstone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, Love & PolishSeptember 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

    The colors you chose were absolutely perfect! It really came together well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I agree.. it's SUPER easy technique, I just have to be patient enough to let everything completely dry first lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on the typically only 1 color/minimalist. I like to really enjoy my colors...but like you, I thought this looked easy and more than that, I liked the loo & have done maybe 3 manis using this technique. Fab to do this with CND Effects! I have all of the ones you used here (and then some) - never would have thought to use 'em for this technique - cannot wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really beautiful mani, Steph! love. Have to try this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out fantastic! I am impressed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that! I'm a nail art incompetent too, but I might try this! I have lots of the CND Sparkle effects, I bet they would work as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sorta reminds me of galaxies!!! I love the effect and how easy Saran wrap technique is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks amazing! I haven't tried it yet but it seems easy enough that I could handle it. One of these days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cristina ImpoverishedSeptember 5, 2012 at 10:53 PM

    I had just been wondering today how the Saran wrap look would work with layering polishes, and then found that you had posted this! It's a very nice look and a creative way to use your "effect" polishes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I should try this, it looks great!! I'm like you - haven't really attempted any nail art. I've tried dotting and it didn't look too great, and I have tried stamping twice - major fail. So maybe I can do this one! :) love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried this technique yet. Such a pretty result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yesssss ma'am! This looks awesome! Look at you holding in all that nail art talent. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad that you did some nail art and that you loved it! :) Great job - this is a wonderful technique that I need to try, too. I love the colours your chose. They really work together and look bad-ass! :D Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool! I am dying to own all the CND Effects. I finally picked up Violet Shimmer, my first!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I will respond to any questions in comments ASAP. Please refrain from linking your blog in the comment section. These comments will be deleted. I'd be happy to view your blog if you email me your link.